The Monroe staff would like to congratulate all of our graduating residents! We wish you the best of luck on all of your future endeavors and can’t wait to see all of you take your first steps into life after graduation. We’re sad to see you all leave but happy to know we still have so many of you staying with us to continue growing in The Monroe community. We would also like to extend a warm welcome to all of the new residents to The Monroe community! Stop by our upcoming events to meet some of your office staff members as well as other residents in your community.
Reminder: Our upgrades have begun! Stop by the office for the opportunity to check out one of our renovated apartments.
- Visit themonroeliving.com and our Facebook page to keep up with what’s going on in our community.
- Our upgraded model apartment is now open! Stop by to tour and sign for one of our upgraded units.
- Have you enjoyed your stay at The Monroe? Log on to your Google account and leave us a review! We love hearing feedback from our residents.
- Living here has its rewards! Join the nation’s top resident loyalty rewards program today at communityrewards.me.
- Are you looking for a job for this summer or the upcoming school year? Go to communityassistant.com and apply to become part of The Monroe family!
- Congratulations to our Community Assistant Maggie Baker! Maggie will be graduating this month and is planning to move up to a full-time position in The Monroe family after graduation!
Reminders & Updates
Want to renew your lease but don’t have time to stop in during our office hours? Not a problem! Call us at (812) 323-1300 and request to have your renewal sent via email.
Go through this checklist of frequently forgotten things before you move-out:
- High-quality garbage bags for packing and trash
- Packing tape dispenser and durable packing tape
- More storage boxes than you think you’ll need
- Plain newspaper and plastic grocery bags for fragile items
- Permanent marker for labeling every box and wrapped item — label EVERYTHING!
- Dish soap and a sponge (or dishwasher detergent) to rewash any dishes that got dirty during the move
- Doormat to cut down on dirt being dragged in
- Rags and a bucket for immediate cleaning of your furniture, cabinets, floors, and surfaces
- Bottled water and a cooler with ice for you and your movers; trail mix is a great snack to have on hand, too
- Set of bathroom supplies for one bathroom: toilet paper, hand towels, and soap
- A bag or suitcase of toiletries and everyday highly used items (for example, toothbrush, hair brush, contact solution)
- Small supply of plastic ware and paper plates
- Pet owners: a few meals’ worth of pet food in separate plastic baggies
- A shower curtain liner
- Light bulbs to replace the ones in your apartment before moving out
If you would like your additional deposit to be applied toward the last two months of your rent and you have never been late on rent, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get that taken care of for you before it’s too late.
The printer in our computer lab does not print out in color. Remember that we do not have a limit on how much you are able to print.
We want to hear from you! Stop by the office to enter an event idea for next month. Your Community Assistants will review the suggestions and pick one of your events to plan for June.
Are you looking for something to do this summer? Visit our very own Career Success Portal for information on new career or internship opportunities.
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Breakfast on the Go — April 30–May 4 — Start your finals off right with breakfast on the go! Your office staff members will be passing out various breakfast items at the bus stops throughout finals week.
Graduation Cap Decorating — May 1–4 — Stop by the office to pick up art supplies to make your graduation cap stand out on your big day!
Cinco de Mayo — Saturday, May 5 — RD Heidi will be providing information about the holiday and demonstrating how to make yummy appetizers to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Monroe Fest — Friday, May 18 — Get to know your new neighbors at the first ever Monroe Fest! Join us for fun activities, the chance to win prizes, and food!
Sand Volleyball Competition — Friday, May 25 — Come out to the sand volleyball court for the chance to show us your mad skills. Team sign-ups will be a week in advance.