We can’t believe how fast the year has gone by! Here at The Monroe, we understand the stress that comes along with the end of the semester with finals and graduation dates approaching. Avoid additional stress by renewing your lease today! Why struggle with apartment hunting when you could just stay in the same apartment and not worry about moving? Your CAs have great events planned for you this month to de-stress and get you in the holiday spirit. Don’t let finals turn you into a Grinch this holiday season!
Reminder: The renewal deadline is quickly approaching! Don’t forget to renew your lease for the 2018–2019 school year before it’s too late!
- Visit themonroeliving.com for more information on our community.
- Check out the new computers in our computer lab.
- Jack’s Donuts is our business of the month! Jack’s Donuts is a fairly new donut shop located just minutes from our property.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are subject to change with the upcoming holidays.
- You are still able to drop off rent using the rent dropbox after office hours.
- We do not accept partial payments, so any payments submitted in the office must be for your full account balance. We DO NOT accept cash in the office, so please be sure to only bring a check or money order for any payments that you plan on submitting.
- Automated payments may take up to a month to process. Check in with the office if you have any questions about your payment.
- The online portal is a convenient option we provide for our residents to pay rent. It IS NOT the only option. Late fees will not be waived if you only try paying your rent using the online resident portal.
- There is a $13 convenience fee associated with using the online portal. You will only be charged the convenience fee once if you set up recurring payments. You will be charged the $13 convenience fee every time if you pay online using a one-time payment.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month. You have until the 4th to pay your rent without any additional late fees. Starting on the 5th, you will be charged an initial $35 late fee, and $10 every day after that until you pay your rent. All checks or money orders should be made out to The Monroe.
- If you are having trouble with your internet, please refer to the purple Pavlov booklet that was provided in your move-in folder. Pavlov is our internet provider, and they are the only ones that will be able to solve any issues you are having with your internet.
- Bikes are not permitted on your balcony! Please use the bike rack located near your building and register it in the office.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
The Monroe Express — Friday, December 1 — Bring your ticket into the office for Polar Express-themed fun!
White Elephant — Friday, December 8 — Bring a gift and participate in a fun gift exchange with your fellow residents! You never know what amazing gift you could end up with!
Breakfast on the Go — Monday, December 11 — Look out for one of your CAs at the bus stop before you head out to your first day of finals! You can do it!
Filter Changes — We’ll be completing filter changes for the following apartments on the following dates!
- December 15 — A, B, C, D
- December 18 — E, F, G, H
- December 19 — I, J, K, L
- December 20 — M, N, O, P
- December 21 — Q, R, S, T, U