The Monroe is leasing quickly! Now that all apartments are open to be leased out for the 2018–2019 academic year, our leasing office has been absolute madness. Now it’s anyone’s game! Who do you think will win: our amazing current residents who can still renew or all the new incoming residents? There’s only one way to find out. Stop by our leasing office and see how you can remain on The Monroe Madness Bracket!
Reminder: Check out our Facebook page for our monthly competitions and the chance to win a prize!
- Visit themonroeliving.com for more information on our community.
- Don’t forget to stop by our leasing office to renew your lease before it’s too late!
- Do you have an after-hours emergency? Call the office to be forwarded to our new on-call service.
- Did you know that The Monroe will be remodeling? Renew your lease today for the chance to live in one of our newly remodeled apartments!
- Have you enjoyed your stay at The Monroe? Log on to your Google account and leave us a review! We love hearing feedback from our residents.
- Living here has its rewards! Join the nation’s top resident loyalty rewards program today at communityrewards.me.
Reminders & Updates
- Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., and Saturday–Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Want to renew your lease but don’t have time to stop in during office hours? Not a problem! Call us at (812) 323-1300 and request to have your renewal sent via email.
- Need help filing your taxes? Stop by our leasing office and check out our binder of information that will make filing your taxes a breeze.
- You are still able to drop off rent using the rent dropbox after office hours.
- We do not accept partial payments, so any payments submitted in the office must be for your full account balance. We DO NOT accept cash in the office, so please be sure to only bring a check or money order for any payments that you plan on submitting.
- Automated payments may take up to a month to process. Check in with the office if you have any questions about your payment.
- The online portal is a convenient option we provide for our residents to pay rent. It IS NOT the only option. Late fees will not be waived if you only try paying your rent using the online resident portal.
- There is a $13 convenience fee associated with using the online portal. You will only be charged the convenience fee once if you set up recurring payments. You will be charged the $13 convenience fee every time if you pay online using a one-time payment.
- Rent is due the 1st of each month. You have until the 4th to pay rent without any additional late fees. Starting the 5th, you will be charged an initial $35 late fee and $10 every day after that until you pay your rent. All check or money orders should be made out to The Monroe.
- If you are having trouble with your internet, please refer to the purple Pavlov booklet that was provided in your move-in folder. Pavlov is our internet provider, and they are the only ones that will be able to solve any issues you are having with your internet.
- Don’t procrastinate, file your FAFSA!
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
Guess the Gold — All Month — Stop by the leasing office during March and guess how many gold coins CA Jamarr has in his pot of gold! The resident that guesses the closest to the amount will receive the pot of gold and enjoy lunch on us.
Spring Festival — Friday, March 9 — Celebrate the beginning of spring with your leasing staff, and enjoy the various treats and activities we have planned for you!
Pi Day — Wednesday, March 14 — Stop by our leasing office for a slice of information about National Pi Day AND for a slice of pie from CA Maggie!
Spring De-stress Event — Thursday, March 22 — Come and de-stress with CA Andrew. Write down everything that’s stressing you this semester, tie it to a balloon, and watch all your worries float away.
Basketball Cookie Party — Tuesday, March 27 — Decorate your very own basketball cookie with CA Savanna!
Relay For Life — Friday, March 30 — Join us in the office and help us achieve our goal for the upcoming IU Relay For Life event!