This summer is flying by!
We still can’t believe that school starts next month already. However, we know that summer isn’t over yet, so The Monroe staff is working hard on planning events that will make this summer the best one yet for our residents! The heat is at full blast, and the pool is open from 10 a.m.–10 p.m., so don’t hesitate to come out and cool down in the resort-style pool.
Reminder: The renewal deadline to keep your current bed space has passed. Residents can still renew, but we can’t promise that you’ll be able to keep your current bed space.
We’re currently hiring CAs! Please go to communityassistant.com if you’re interested in becoming a part of The Monroe family.
Residents are not allowed to store trash on the balconies. You can be fined for leaving bags of trash on the balcony, so we ask that everyone please immediately take any trash that you need to dispose of to the dumpsters located around the property!
Reminders & Updates
Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
You are still able to drop off rent using the rent dropbox after office hours.
We are no longer accepting partial payments, so any payments submitted in the office from now on must be the full balance that you have on your account. We also still DO NOT accept money in the office, so please be sure to only bring a check or money order for any payments.
We do have the new online payment system set up now! If you haven’t gotten your online resident portal account set up yet, please notify us so we can set it up for you. You’ll be able to check your balance, submit work orders, and pay rent online using this account.
The online portal is a convenient option we provide for our residents to pay rent. It IS NOT the only option. Late fees will not be waived if you only tried paying your rent using the online resident portal.
Rent is still due the 1st of each month. You have until the 4th to pay rent without any additional late fees. Starting the 5th, you will be charged an initial $35 late fee and $10 every day after that until you pay your rent. Our new name is officially The Monroe, so all checks or money orders from now on should be made out to The Monroe.
If you are mailing in a check, we must receive it by the 4th. Any checks received after the 4th will be considered late. We will not be waiving late fees for postdated checks.
We have been sending out emails to everyone with updates and additional information, so please make sure you are keeping up with your email.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Resume Workshop — July 6 from 2–3 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to spice up your resume! Corey, your Community Assistant, will be printing out different resume templates and giving advice on what you can put on your resume.
Tie-Dye Day — July 20 from 2–4 p.m. — Have fun with your CAs while tie-dying a plain white T-shirt!
Ice Cream Social — July 26 from 2–4 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and enjoy an ice cream sundae on us!